Getting new siding for your home can be exciting and can give your home a fresh new look. If you have your siding installation scheduled, you should start thinking about how you are going to prepare for installation day. Here are some tips to help you prepare for a successful siding installation.
- Trim Your Landscape – If you have bushes or tree branches that are close to your home’s exterior, have them trimmed and/or removed so they won’t be in the way of your siding technician. Additionally, having your grass trimmed will make cleanup easier and ensure debris doesn’t get left behind.
- Clear Outdoor Items – Outdoor items like patio furniture, grills, toys, etc. should be relocated so they are out of the way of the workers and they don’t accidentally get damaged by falling debris.
- Remove Home Wall Decor – Installing siding requires a lot of banging on your exterior walls, and this can cause interior decor to fall and possibly get damaged. To ensure that your possessions remain safe, remove all wall decor prior to installation day.
- Relocate Your Vehicles – We recommended removing vehicles from your driveway and relocating them somewhere safe that isn’t close to the exterior of your home. Accidents happen, and we would hate for accidental damage to occur to your vehicle.
- Keep Loved Ones Away – During the installation process we ask that all children and pets stay away from the work area. This will ensure that no one gets hurt or is in the way while work is being done.
We hope these tips will set you up for a successful and safe siding installation. If you have any questions regarding siding installation, and other services we provide, please contact us at Speaks Custom Window & Sunrooms.