Window replacement is never fun, and it is not a cheap thing. So how can you know if you really need window replacement or if you can just get by with what you have? Here are some tell-tale signs that your windows are no longer doing their job and should be replaced soon:
- You see condensation between window panes. This means that the window seal has failed, and outside air is now entering the home.
- You have noticed that your energy costs are higher than you think they should be. Compare with previous bills as well as neighbors with similar-sized homes to see if you are paying more than what you would expect. High energy bills can be a sign that your home is losing energy through windows.
- You feel a draft when you pass by a window. Your windows should create a tight seal so that outside air doesn’t come into your home.
- Your windows don’t open or close easily. This could mean they are warped or swollen from water damage or dry rot and need to be replaced.
- Your windows are old. Older windows may be single-paned or lack an efficient seal. Windows only have a lifespan of about 15-20 years so pay attention to how old your windows are.
- Obviously, you should also replace your windows if they are broken or there is visible damage to the glass or the frame.
So, if you need window replacement, don’t delay. Contact us today to talk about replacing your windows!