Installing replacement windows is one of the best things you can do to improve the energy efficiency of your Salisbury home.
The best windows in the world, if not properly installed, are absolutely no better than the crummy windows you replace. Unfortunately, most window contractors cut corners during installation to save money and time (for themselves, not you). In fact, many of them use a method industry insiders call “rip and stick” — meaning they rip out your old windows and stick in the new with a little caulk and window dressing to cover up their slipshod job.
The good news is that you’ll get something different with us at Speaks Custom Window & Sunrooms. Here’s what you get with a Speaks custom window installation at your Salisbury, North Carolina home:
- Remove Old Window & Exterior Stops– We replace any rotted jambs and sills and prepare the opening for a complete professional installation without damaging your interior moldings.
- Fix Damaged Interior Surfaces – If your openings have been damaged by water, we can make repairs. Never, ever allow a contractor to put a replacement window over an area that has water rot or termite damage. If there is rot and mold, it will damage the interior wall and may cause the window to fail.
- Double seal the windows – To protect against air and water infiltration, we add an additional barrier to protect your windows from the potential damage caused by moisture and the energy-sapping cold that can sneak in around window frames.
- Install Your New Window – We’ll install the windows of your choice. Replacement windows are usually one of the best things you can do to improve the energy efficiency of your home.
- Add Special Speaks Custom Window Insulating Sealant – We special order our sealant, which adds an additional insulating barrier around your window. Our material is actually far more expensive than what other window installers use, but we are able to keep the prices competitive by ordering these exclusive products in bulk. When we finish, this specialized sealant fills in the gaps and increases the insulation value of your home.
- Insulate Around Each Opening – We will explain to you and incorporate 2 extra steps taken to ensure your openings are well protected against the weather.
The average professional installation is a complete waste of your money. Your replacement windows will only work right if they’re installed right. Don’t let any “professional” installer waste your investment dollars. Reach out to us at Speaks Custom Window & Sunrooms today!