Sunrooms (outdoor enclosures with walls of glass) are a coveted amenity for many homeowners. There is just nothing else quite like a sunroom in its versatility and benefits. Let’s take a quick look at five of the benefits that sunrooms offer:
1. A place of relaxation and peace. Whether you need a calming moment in the morning to meditate or a place to unwind after a long day at work, your sunroom can be your sanctuary. There is just something about being close to nature that is good for the soul, and a sunroom allows you to connect with nature even if the weather is poor and you can’t go outside.
2. A place to grow things. A sunroom can double as a greenhouse, with the natural light being perfect for helping plants to grow year-round. Cook with fresh herbs all year, enjoy the benefits of potted houseplants, or even begin your early starts for a vegetable garden before planting outside.
3. A place to enjoy the sun. Sunlight has many health benefits that all humans need in their life. Soak up your daily dose of vitamin D and ward off winter blues by spending some time in your sunroom.
4. A place that gives you more space. Did you know that sunrooms are the easiest way to add square footage to your home? The great thing about this space is that you can use it however you want! It could be a perfect breakfast nook, office, workout room, play room, and more. Mold it to fit your needs—the possibilities are endless.
5. A place that is energy efficient. Because this area will allow so much natural light in, you will save energy costs by rarely having to use electrical lighting. The warmth of the sun will also help to heat the area in the colder months of the year, keeping your heating costs down.